Already have a Realm Login? Click here.
St. Bede’s Episcopal Church has moved to a new kind of church record keeping software called Realm® Connect. It primarily serves the administrative needs of our staff, but it also offers some exciting opportunities to support the way you are involved in our church. Not only will this improve work life for our ministry staff, it will make it easier for our church family to connect with each other, keep up with what’s going on, and grow as a connected community of believers.
Realm Connect is a real ministry tool.
Realm Connect is an online ministry tool designed to help keep us in touch. It provides an electronic church directory, a method for monitoring and controlling your giving, enhanced methods of communication, and the ability to get the latest news. You can easily keep in touch with the ministries and committees of which you are a member – in Realm, they are called “Groups”.
What about my privacy?
Realm Connect is safe, private, and secure. Your privacy is one of our greatest concerns. Realm Connect is only made up of the people in our church - it’s not like a social network that’s open to everyone. Realm Connect keeps your data safe and gives you control over what information you share and who can see it.
Your information is your information
- You have complete control over who can see your contact and personal information.
- Contact information is never public or searchable on the Internet. Any information you elect to make visible to your church family is always protected behind a login.
- Authorized staff will have access to your profile information.
- You and certain authorized staff may update your profile information. In some cases, your group leader may update your contact information if you have made it visible to group leaders.
- For safety reasons, sharing contact and personal information for children under 18 is limited. Parents determine whether or not to display their child’s name in the church directory.
- Children under 13 may not participate and will not be able to sign in.
What People May See
By default, the viewing of your contact and personal information is limited to members of groups you are in, group leaders, and staff members. If you choose to, however, you can make your information visible to the entire church. But if you prefer to be more private, you can customize how people see specific information*.
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Phones, and Email.
- Personal Information: Marital Status, Family Position, Member Status, but you also have the option of sharing your birthday, gender, allergy information, and skills with people in your church.
*If you are a group leader or host an event, certain contact information will be visible regardless of the settings you choose.
- Everyone - Like a church directory listing, everyone in our church will be able to see whatever profile information is marked as visible to everyone.
- My Groups + Group Leaders + Church Staff – This setting means information will only be shared with the people you are involved with at church. This is the default setting.
- Group Leaders + Church Staff - You would use this setting if you wanted to keep some proﬁle information hidden from anyone who is not a group leader or on staﬀ.
- Church Staﬀ Only— This setting eﬀectively removes you from the church directory. Your information will only be available to authorized church staﬀ.**
- Custom Privacy—Choose diﬀerent privacy levels for speciﬁc contact ﬁelds and personal information. You can do this in two places: when you edit your proﬁle information or when you manage your privacy settings. ***
**While you can hide the majority of your information from most of your church, you should know that, regardless of your settings, contact data will still be visible to church staﬀ.
***The Directory page shows all individuals who have a login, along with individuals without a login who have been opted into the directory. Currently, individuals with a login cannot opt out of being listed in the directory.
A family member with a primary position such as "Head" or "Spouse" can change privacy settings for other members of the family and opt family members into the church directory. Birthdays are required for children (as a means to prohibit access), but it’s up to you if you want to share the birth date with your church family.
What about Giving?
Realm Connect gives you control over your giving. Giving should be easy, and Realm Connect places giving right in the palm of your hands. You may set up recurring gifts, view your giving history, and make changes at any time. Realm Connect automatically records all electronic gifts and adds them to your giving record making it easy for you to give, and easy for our financial assistant to track.